Friday, March 21, 2008

Reading in a café

I am sitting at Bridgehead, enjoying the free wireless and a muffin. It's very sunny out on this Good Friday. I'm almost done knitting my first womb; I managed to find some cool beads for the ovaries, they are transparent plastic with little peach balls inside to represent the ovum.
The semester is winding down to a close. And I'm pretty happy about that. I'm still debating whether or not to take summer classes.
The café is busy today. I brought some reading with me but I've yet to get to it. Unfortunately I am working on Sunday. I've been invited to my parents, also on Sunday, for an Easter meal. I started a living Easter basket last week. I found a lined pastel Easter basket at St. Vincent de Paul, filled the basket with soiless mix, then planted grass seed and watered. I covered the basket with a brown paper bag until the grass sprouted, then put the basket in a sunny window. The grass has been growing, but not as thickly as my Easter baskets in past years. Perhaps the grass seeds are getting old and need to be replaced. I have a rabbit and eggs decoration to stick in the soil, and ribbon to tie around the handle. The basket is supposed to be a centerpiece.
I have started some seedlings inside. Chamomile, spinach, tomatoes, squash, cabbage, Yarrow, Tansy, arugula, Thyme, Oregano, Calendula. Hopefully they will survive until they are planted outside.

No comments: