Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Feeling Brunchy

I get to celebrate today because my last class of the "fall" semester finishes at 9:50 am. Maybe I'll go to the Wild Oat for brunch afterwards. I'm also going to go to work to spend time with kids. Well, I ordered some Peace Fleece too, waiting for its arrival to Canada; it's probably stuck at the border.
Just looking at this picture makes my stomach growl. The Oat makes the best cinnamon buns in Ottawa. I woke up at 5:00 am one morning to help one of the bakers make them.
Ah, the Oat. I worked there two summers in a row. And it was hot! As a bakery/café, the ovens were always on, the coffeemaker going. And busy! I worked during the Great Glebe Garage Sale, and there was a neverending scrum of customers all day long.
I must say I am glad to not be working there anymore. I like my newish job now. I actually go to the meetings and feel listened to at them. This afternoon I'm cooking a hot snack for the kids, then I am in charge of the homework club. My shifts aren't very long. And my supervisors accommodate my class schedule.
They plowed our sidewalks during the night or early this morning--maybe that's what woke me up so early. I'll be able to walk to my class without too much trouble. And after: brunch! :)

No comments: