Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Odds&Ends

For someone who asked, I got all the fabrics, as well as the satin ribbon for my lace-up opera gloves, from Darrell Thomas Textiles. The green-on-green fabric on the right is from Amy Butler, as Linda wrote (how did she know?), and you can drool over more of Amy Butler's designs here. The latest new trend on campus is knitted boots. Whenever I see a girl wearing them, I think to myself, there must be a way to make those... I was looking for a poem passage to copy here last night; I was looking through my "Collected Poems by Susan Musgrave", but her writing is devastatingly sad and mournful. Also looking in my "Poetry of Lucy Maud Montgomery", but I couldn't find anything that exactly echoed my mood. I settled on a few selected lines from L.M.Montgomery's "The First Snowfall": Voiceless and motionless the maples stand, Heart-broken, with each other to commune In silent hopelessness. The cold gray sky Has blotted out the mountain's misty blue, [...] and the poem ends with: Darkness comes early and beneath its wings We see a wraith-like world with spectres filled-- Naught but cold semblances of real things As though Earth's breathing were forever stilled. Still depressing, but accurately depicts the season. Tonight I made Squash and Sweet Potato Soup with Chipotle Sauce and a loaf of Coriander bread is in the oven. I only have two classes left before exams! Monday I have "Femmes, racisme et pouvoir" and Tuesday morning is my last class in Child Development. I'm looking forward to some uninterrupted time to myself.

No comments: