Sunday, August 29, 2010

Goldenrod

Relaxing in the hot tub, soaking in the negative ions from the waterfall in front of me, I shed the city dirt and stress. Soaking in the last of the summer`s sunrays, to store for the winter ahead, the sound of running, tinkling, splashing, rushing water in my ears, the light, cool breeze was just right. I set my alarm clock for 6:00 a.m. this Sunday morning, dragged myself out of bed, fed Violet, downed some Starbucks coffee with sour milk, and took the bus to the Voyageur station. My bus left Ottawa at 8:30 a.m. I stumbled off the bus just over an hour later, blinking wearily and dazedly in the bright sunlight, arrived in Wakefield for the fifth time in the past three years. Coincidentally, the last day of Wakefest happens to be today. I went to one of the bakeries here, to buy yet another coffee and a cinnamon bun. Two couples on Harleys parked their motorcycles in the bakery parking lot. -I think this lady was here first, one of the bikers told the server when she tried to serve them before me. I gratefully placed my order--I was lightheaded from barely having eaten all day. Walking back to the inn where I usually stay overnight when I travel to Wakefield, I noticed that the Goldenrods and Asters are in bloom--a sure sign of autumn. The Jewelweed is still in bloom too, as are the Buttercups and Yarrow. The Yarrow in my garden has finished blooming.

No comments: